This species of jellyfish is the largest in the known realm, reaching up to lengths from top to end of it's long tentacles at about 30 meters, weighing over 400 kilo's. Despite it's massive size, it is completely passive, and will float with the major ocean currents as it drifts in an endless cycle until the time of it's death, to which it slowly falls toward the sea floor. What gives this creature it's name however is not it's large size but instead it's ability to completely nullify anything that attempts to do it harm. The toxic center on this animal is in fact so large, that the mere single shock from it's body can completely paralyze and numb a man for a few hours. This Jelly holds a very deep cream color, often being described like a leathery material, much like the sails on ships, it's name coming from the two large appendage like fins on it's sides which help direct it through the currents of the ocean.
This creature is considered rare, but will often travel in large groups dependent on their ages, the smaller and younger tending to stay with a much older and larger for long period of time, drifting with them in hopes of being protected from predators and directional misplacement. These beings will be found only near the upper portions of the oceans and only where great currents are found.
The Valois are found only in the upper reaches of the oceans layers, generally near currents or large collections of water movement to allow them drift to find sources of food and good living conditions, this animal never staying in one place for very long as it will cause eventual death for the animal.
Unlike most jellies, these do not consume fish, but instead act as large nets, consuming plankton, or other microscopic particles much like whales or filter feeders. They can consume a few tons of this in a single day, creating a dark green spot within their transparent middle's, allowing easy sighting from far away if it's shear size did not allow one to spot them. While if anything does become into contact with these animals such as other fish or predators, the Valois will not consume them, tending to stick to it's filter feeder behavior. Thus making it a passive creature.
While if anything does become into contact with these animals such as other fish or predators, the Valois will not consume them, tending to stick to it's filter feeder behavior. Thus making it a passive creature. These creatures seem to have absolutely no level of intelligence, thus making them untameble, however, they can be directed in a direction or current if enough effort is put in to do so.
- The Valois Caravel is a passive creature, sticking to currents and other movements of water within the ocean, constantly adrift.
- The Caravel floats in large groups, the larger being the leader or front of this group, protecting younger smaller versions of the same species.
- Fish will often hang around this creature for easy meals or hiding places, as long as they stay clear of it's toxins, they find an easy way to travel safe from other predators.
- This jelly is a filter feeder, but will accidentally kill any fish or being who makes contact with their body's beyond their large fin like structures.
- If the top or head of this creature is collected after it's death, it can be melted down into a water-resistant jelly that gives restorative properties, such as the ability to heal major burn wounds, or even restore small extremities such as fingers or toes.
- With enough given skill, one can carefully extract the bulb like organ which produces this animals toxins a few hours after it's death, which is capable of slow muscle atrophy and extreme muscle degradation after the toxin has been within the body for two septs. This generally results in incapableness, and eventually, the heart gives out in its weakened state-leading to certain death just a sept after the effects take place. This poison is almost undetectable until the effects begin to take place two septs after it is ingested, stung, or otherwise.
|Geography • Races • Flora • Fauna • Stones • Metals • Cloth • Foreign Continents|
|The World of Aethius • The Multiverse of Aethier|